Algoma College’s Males’s Soccer Head Coach
JOB TITLE: Algoma College’s Males’s Soccer Head Coach
DEPARTMENT: Scholar Life & Ancillary Providers
POSITION STATUS: Full-time Contract – Non-Union
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Director, Scholar Life & Ancillary Providers
The Algoma College Thunderbird Males’s Soccer Program is searching for a brand new Head Coach to proceed to guide this system’s development towards success. Having joined the Ontario College Athletics (OUA) and U-Sports activities leagues from the Ontario Schools Athletic Affiliation (OCAA) in 2013, this program has continued to develop and enhance annually. Thunderbird Athletics is now searching for a coach to maneuver this system ahead towards sustained success.
It is a full-time contract place with Thunderbird Athletics. The Head Coach will present management to the Males’s Soccer program by means of the recruitment, coaching, teaching, administrative, and public relations duties required in organizing a aggressive and profitable workforce. Because the coach will probably be working with pupil athletes, the coach will give attention to their educational success by implementing and supporting greatest practices in coordination with College departments. The place requires that the incumbent have values in step with the excessive requirements of Algoma College, and ensures compliance with the spirit and intent of OUA/U-Sports activities guidelines and rules.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Below the route of the Director, Scholar Life and Ancillary Providers, the Head Coach may have a number of areas of accountability, together with however not restricted to the next:
– Teaching duties together with main, creating, evaluating and making ready the coed athlete for profitable competitors.
– Teaching the workforce towards success on and off the sector
– Selling educational success of pupil athletes by working in coordination with College educational helps and making certain athletes are centered on their educational research
– Making certain athlete participation in wellness packages in coordination with the Scholar Athlete and Varsity Providers – Coordinator, resembling Power and Conditioning, Sport Psychology, and any mandatory Athlete Remedy
– Figuring out and recruiting high quality pupil athletes
– Sustaining efficient communications and administrative teamwork amongst coaches, gamers, and athletic employees
– Making certain adherence and compliance to, and in help of, OUA, U-Sport and Algoma College insurance policies and procedures
– Growing and implementing each in-season and low season coaching packages for athletes
– Making certain compliance with physician and therapist suggestions on student-athlete well being and their participation in sport
– Coaching, supervising and mentoring assistant teaching employees
– Liable for coordinating workforce journey, gear stock, securing coaching services and different workforce capabilities in coordination with the Athletics Operations Coordinator
– Attending required affiliation sport conferences
– Offering required studies to Director as a part of the funds planning course of
– Implementing provincial growth packages when potential
– Delivering Algoma Thunderbird soccer-related programming resembling camps, tournaments and college visits
– Proving enter on total division route, useful resource allocation and annual planning.
– Dedication to understanding Algoma College’s Particular Mission and the Seven Grandfather teachings, and upholding these values
– Minimal 5 (5) years teaching expertise, ideally as a Head Coach
– Teaching certifications (e.g. Nationwide Teaching Certification Program) an asset
– Information of greatest practices in pupil athlete growth
– Demonstrated success as a coach
– Distinctive communication and interpersonal expertise
– Skill to inspire athletes and a dedication to truthful play
– Strong administrative expertise and a demonstrated potential to stability a number of function capabilities
– Skill to work versatile hours and journey, as required
– Weak Sector Verify required
Please submit a resume and canopy letter (mixed PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 8, 2022
Algoma College is strongly dedicated to fostering range and inclusivity inside our neighborhood and is an equal alternative employer. The college invitations and encourages functions from all certified people who would contribute to the additional diversification of our Establishment, together with equity-seeking teams which can be historically underrepresented in employment (Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, girls, individuals with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQQIPA+ individuals). In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, lodging will probably be supplied by Algoma College all through the recruitment, choice, and/or evaluation course of to candidates with disabilities. Please observe that the profitable candidate will probably be required to supply a Weak Sector Verify as a situation of employment.