We’re Hiring: Operations Director – Wildsight
Wildsight is searching for an Operations Director to hitch our group. This place is a key member of the senior administration group, working intently with the Govt Director, Program Managers, and Board of Administrators to make sure the fiscal integrity and environment friendly functioning of the group and help the long-term sustainability of the group. Core tasks embody administration and organizational insurance policies, technique and choice making, constructing environment friendly and efficient programs, organizational budgeting and forecasting, monetary reporting, and human assets coverage and implementation. This function is crucial for the well being and success of the group and works straight with various our program groups.
Wildsight is an environmental charity with a mission to guard wilderness, wildlife and clear water, encourage the subsequent technology and encourage sustainable communities within the Columbia Basin area of BC. Our imaginative and prescient is to encourage a shared group want to guard the pure world for future generations. With 35 years of expertise, we’re acknowledged as a frontrunner in large-scale conservation, sustainable group initiatives and environmental training. We work intently with our community of six native Wildsight branches.
Our core group is made up of 16 passionate, devoted and educated people who encourage one another each day by our dedication to creating change and defending nature. We have been doing digital work lengthy earlier than Covid. Whereas our headquarters are positioned in Kimberley, our group is positioned all through the Columbia Basin. We’re dedicated to advancing our understanding of, and dedication to, Reconciliation and Range, Fairness, Justice and Inclusion.
In regards to the Place
This can be a full-time everlasting place, 37.5 hours/week, however a 0.8 FTE place could be doable if desired. The perfect begin date for this place is January 2023, however we’re prepared to be versatile for the appropriate candidate.
We welcome functions from the Kootenay area; nevertheless being primarily based in Kimberley and capable of work from our headquarters could be superb. We’re prepared to contemplate alternate preparations with the profitable candidate, however there could be a requirement to journey to the headquarters with some frequency. Kimberley was not too long ago voted BC’s Finest Small City; nestled between the Purcell and Rocky Mountains and with a inhabitants of 7500, Kimberley is a singular group with many alternatives for nature-based recreation. Situated half-hour from Cranbrook, the total vary of facilities are simply accessible.
Wages and Advantages
$57,750- $67,568 commensurate with expertise
Wildsight affords 5 weeks of paid trip to help psychological well being and connection to the landscapes we work to guard. We additionally supply a Non-public Well being Companies Plan to assist cowl dental, prescription and different medical prices.
- You might be beautifully organized and luxuriate in engaged on administrative coverage, danger administration, and human useful resource points.
- You’re a programs thinker who goals to optimize how organizations work and discover higher methods to acheive our targets..
- You could have robust interpersonal expertise and work effectively with small groups.
- You could have a eager eye for finance and why numbers matter, not simply within the particulars, but in addition the large image.
- You get pleasure from speaking monetary knowledge, operational and administrative data non-financially/administratively minded folks and groups.
- You could have a minimal of three+ years of earlier expertise in a non-profit or different operational function on a small group, enterprise administration, finance or accounting associated function; non-profit/charity expertise is a large asset.
- You could have data of accounting, administration, bookkeeping, auditing, inside controls, and payroll greatest practices. Having expertise in on-line accounting programs (e.g.
- Quickbooks) could be an enormous asset however just isn’t required.
- You might be snug with know-how and on-line platforms.
- You might be affected person and calm within the face of a number of, competing calls for, and deadlines and may assess precedence and handle your time accordingly.
- You maintain a robust conservation ethic and are captivated with environmental points.
Duties and Duties
Reporting to the Govt Director, the Operations Director has a broad remit over Wildsight’s administration, operations, funds and HR.
- Optimize programs for effectivity and effectiveness throughout the group, working with completely different groups to enhance processes and maximize impression This would come with working with our Schooling group, with the Youth Local weather Corps and on fundraising.
- Assist and lead long-term planning to make sure the sustainability and stability of the group.
- Construct robust relationships with our 6 Branches, supporting our shared work, enhancing effectivity and effectiveness, and managing reporting necessities between Wildsight Branches and Wildsight Regional.
- Develop a robust relationship with Board of Administrators to help efficient and knowledgeable governance, together with participation in and help for Board sub-committees, together with the Fund Growth and Human Assets sub-committees.
- Coordinate improvement of annual work plans and annual critiques with program groups
- Make sure the Board of Administrators, employees, and contractors carry applicable and sufficient insurance coverage protection; handle danger administration insurance policies.
- Lead a evaluation to contemplate new fashions for membership construction to maximise engagement.
- Assist the Environmental Schooling Group in creating new funding fashions to maximise long-term sustainability and stability of packages.
- Work intently with the Fundraising Group to steward particular person giving.
- Plan and coordinate key occasions, like our AGM, Board-team retreats, bi-annual gathering, and so forth.
- Work with Program Managers to develop program and organizational budgets and forecasts and environment friendly administrative and monetary programs.
- Present fiscal steerage to the senior administration group and Board of Administrators. Current quarterly monetary statements to the Board of Administrators.
- Oversee bookkeeping, together with financial institution and bank card reconciliations. This might be your job however extra seemingly can be carried out by a bookkeeper, who you oversee.
- Oversee money stream, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Oversee payroll.
- Oversee processing of charitable donations and receipting.
- Lead the annual exterior auditing course of.
- Present onboarding to new employees and contractors.
- Write contracts and worker agreements for employees and contractors.
- Draft and implement human useful resource insurance policies; evaluation present insurance policies on an annual foundation and suggest adjustments as applicable.
- Oversee trip monitoring.
- Coordinate annual employees efficiency critiques, organizational critiques and remuneration and advantages critiques.
- Reply questions and deal with employees points as wanted.
Fund Growth and Grant Administration
- Assist fund improvement by offering monetary enter on funding proposals and dealing with the fundraising group to help particular person giving.
- Handle the grant administration course of, monitoring proposal and reporting deadlines.
The profitable candidate will carry a breadth of expertise and talent to the core features recognized above, nevertheless proficiency in all areas just isn’t anticipated. You may be key to defining the administrator function.
Please submit your resume and canopy letter in a single PDF to Robyn Duncan, Govt Director, robyn(at)wildsight.ca. Inform us why this job excites you, what you’ll carry to it and why you’re the greatest candidate for the job. Wildsight is dedicated to range, fairness and inclusion in our hiring processes and work setting and we encourage girls, folks of color, folks of Indigenous ancestry and LGBTQ2+ people to use for this place. The place will stay open till crammed, however the first spherical of interviews is focused for late 2022/early 2023. We thank all candidates for his or her curiosity, nevertheless, we’ll solely contact these chosen for an interview.